Saturday, August 31, 2013

Manly Father's Day Plaque

For Father's Day this year, I wanted to make something special and I came up with this. I love this saying and really wanted to use it in a piece of décor that was somewhat manly. I found a tutorial on printing on burlap at domestically-speaking.com and got real excited about this! I ironed freezer paper onto my burlap and cut it into an 8 1/2 x 11 piece. It fit perfectly into my printer and printed great on it! I did have to push the paper through a little myself to get it started, but it worked! I was so excited until the top frayed a little more than I had wanted it to :( I just stained a piece of wood and hammered these cute brads onto it to hold it all together!
We hope you had a great Father's Day, Dad, and were so excited to be able to spend it with you this year! We love you!

No comments: