Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Colin's Green Dinosaur 3rd Birthday Party!

For Colin's 3rd Birthday he really wanted a Green Dinosaur Birthday Party! Here is the announcement I made for it. I let him pick out what he wanted on it and he really liked these dinosaur guys :)
I really wanted to attempt his birthday cake myself, but being pregnant with contractions, I needed to eliminate some of the stress and so that meant the cake had to be it. I have this awesome cake lady who I have had do cakes for me before and she is amazing! I just sent her a picture and she created this from it! Love her!
 One thing I was NOT going to give up on was this DINOsaur tail! I had seen it before, but wanted to make one for him to wear on his birthday! I found this tutorial on tatertotsandjello.com and it was really super simple. He loved it and wore it almost the whole day! We had also just put in a new sandbox that we hid some dinosaur bones in for the kids to dig up! That was the best part of the party! So much fun!
 I found this FREE Dinosaur Party printable at lovelyliving.com that made things super easy. It had all the banners, birthday hats, and straw flags as well as a whole lot more that I ended up not using. I used the idea from celebrationsathomeblog.com to add spikes to the back of the Dinosaur hats! I also made up some cute signs for all the table items that matched Colin's birthday party announcements. Everyone loved the Dino Droppings and Dino Bones! The Droppings were Junior Mints and the Bones were small straight pretzels with a mini marshmallow on each end dipped in white chocolate! Mmmmm. Those were yummy to make and went suuper fast!
Colin had a super fun Green Dinosaur Party and was in heaven the whole time! He even still refers to everything green as "like my Green Dinosaur Party" such a funny kid! Happy Birthday Love!

No comments: