Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Turquise Stools

While Paul was at Summer camp with the scouts this year, I decided I needed a project to keep me busy and tired so time would go faster and I'd sleep better..... I have wanted some stools in my kitchen for a while now that I could paint to add some color to my kitchen. I found 3 matching, spinning stools at DI for nuthin', sanded them down nicely, and spray painted them turquoise. The color I chose was waay too bright, so I tried this one. It seems like it wouldn't have enough color to do much, but it was actually just right! I love this new Valspar paint! It goes on great and has such a nice finish!
 This is after I sanded them down for the second time. They were black to start, then that "too bright" turquoise... I thought they looked pretty cool like this, but not really my style
 This new color was amazing! I love it!
 I recovered the top with this fabric I've had for a while.....waiting for the perfect thing to use it on.... and put a layer of plastic over them so they would be protected. And the best part is... THEY SPIN! Fun! What a great find!

 Here's the final product! LOVE!

No comments: