Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zippy Wallet 'n' Gathered Clutch

I found these CUTE Zippy Wallets on a website and fell in love with the design. I've made a cardholder wallet before, but with a 3 year old, I find I need to carry change with me for candy and I have no place to put it. These wallets have a zipper for change and small objects as well as a velcro front with a pocket for cards. The website tutorial is pretty easy to understand, but if you get stuck, give me a call! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!
I also found that the same website has this SUPER CUTE Gathered Clutch and fell in love all over again. I carry around a diaper bag, but every time I need to drop the kids off and run to a store, I have nothing to carry my "stuff" in. This wonderful clutch will fit in my diaper bag and I can grab it when I need it. The best part is, It fits my Zippy Wallet, my checkbook, my cell phone, and my keys! The tutorial has instructions to add a divider and card pockets inside as well! They are soo soo much cuter in person, but to get a better picture of them go to the website listed below
This was the first set I made and decided to keep it for myself and I am loving it!
These make great gifts for Christmas or birthdays and it's a great way to use up small pieces of scrap fabric you may have laying around! I gave these away as Christmas gifts and only had to spend money on the zippers (well, twice actually. I am a clutzy crafter/sewer/baker/etc. and I had to unpick and remake them twice bacause I trimmed off the zipper handle the first time around....yeah...don't do that!) Another piece of advice would be to not get the sticky-back velcro. It leaves a sticky residue on your needle and makes stitching them on impossible! I learned that the hard way.
The website is noodleheads.blogspot.com. The links are off to the right side

2 comments:

Grandma Ririe said...

Cami... I LOVE love love my zippy wallet. It's the perfect size for my driver's license, debit card and Disney pass! I hit several fabric stores today and they all loved it. Thank you.

Grandma Ririe said...

These little wallets would be perfect for playing "make-over" with my granddaughters - one for make-up, one for styling hair, and one for jewelry. I'm anxious for a visit from Cali.