Friday, November 4, 2011

Teeny Skirt

I haven't posted in a while because not only has life been moving waay too fast, but in the meantime I lost my computer to a virus and it has just taken me a while to get back into my groove. This SKIRT, I made with my niece, Megan, who didn't end up getting a girly skirt like all my other little nieces. She came to spend a few days with me before High School started back up and since she's not a little girl anymore, I helped her make a girly skirt of her own
 Megan found the tutorial for this skirt, but since I lost all my favorites, I am not sure where she found it, sorry. We made so many changes of our own to it anyway :)
 This skirt was supposed to be high waisted, but she wanted it more comfortable, so we added some fabric to the wait to make it sit lower. We also added some belt loops since the sash would have a hard time staying put with it sitting lower. We also shortened it to her liking, since it was supposed to be quite a bit longer
 She needs a cute matching flower for her hair too right?
My mom found these awsome little things called Glubers and we found some in a store the last time she visited, but for some reason, I never got around to trying them out. They are sticky circles that you can just stick your fabric right on to them instead of dealing with the glue gun. The easiest thing I have ever done!! There's also a tutorial right on the back of the package!
Thanks for the fun times Megan! I'm already looking forward to next time! Love you lots!

No comments: