Sunday, February 5, 2012

Holiday Banner

With Valentine's Day quickly approaching I thought I better quickly get a banner made and up before it's too late! Here is how my banner turned out!
I made it 2-sided so I can just flip it over for St Patrick's Day, but you'll have to wait until after Valentine's Day is over to see the other side ;)
Here is a closer look. I just bought 1/3 yd of 4 different fabrics and then used a template to make the triangles, but you can just make up your own template with a carstock or cardboard of some sort. Then I fused them to a heavy interfacing (remember I did it 2-sided, so I had to fuse both sides), used pinking shears around the edges, and then sewed a straight stitch about 1/4 inch from the edges. Then, I attatched them all to a piece of binding tape and da da da done! Took me all but one day to complete, plus I now have a new decoration for St Patrick's Day as well!

No comments: