Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Table Runner

So, I made my Valentine's banner and it turned out really cute, but I still needed something else to tie in the colors. I had plenty of fabric left over from my banner, so I decided to make a matching table runner to go with it! I LOVE it!
 I didn't have a pattern, and really didn't like any that I saw, so I decided to make one up on my own. I took this heart from a picture of a quilt I liked and sorta copied the style as far as the pieced background and the shape of the heart, but I added my own touch to it. I finished it off with a large red ric-rac around the edges to make the heart pop and add a Valentines-y look to it
 The "X&O" I got from another picture I saw of a pillow with similar Xs & Os on it. I am hoping it will fray at some point, but don't want to rush that step right now. I finished it off with more red ric-rac around it to add a little dimention. As far as I'm concerned, Valentines is a holiday where you can get away with over-doing something. Like when you make a home-made valentine for someone, the more frills you add, the more pretty or fun it becomes! Bring on the bright colors, lace, ric-rac, stickers, and glitter!!
 Once I finished the banner and the tablerunner, I decided to accessorize with a free printable I found on Pinterest. I loved this one because of the 3 different colors as well as the different directions the words are in
 Here is my family room with all my Valnetine's decorations up and on display. I definately needed these extra fun decorations to get my family excited for the holiday!
Thank you friends and Pinterest for helping me along the way!

No comments: