Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love is in The Air

I don't have very many Valentines decorations, so I really wanted to make something new this year. My friend Amy found a burlap wreath on Pinterest and decided to make it. Her round wreath turned out so cute we decided to get together to try making one into a heart shape. This is how it turned out!
We started with a wire hanger and shaped it into a heart. We bought 1 yard of red burlap for each of us and cut 2 1/2 inch strips. I chose to use the frayed end because I think it adds alot of character. Burlap is great becuase it already has the holes in it and you just start to thread it onto the hanger while alternating sides each time. I just didn't think about it too much and just threw it all together quickly and I think that is the way it turns out best. I think after a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, the fabric ended up being about $2.50 per person. Super cheap and easy for anyone to make! Thanks Amy and Natalie for another successful craft day!

No comments: