Tuesday, August 21, 2012

4th of July Wreath

As I have previously mentioned, I LOVE the 4th of July! My friend and I got together to make these wreaths out of red and cream burlap and a blue fabric with stars on it. I hve seen it with denim and it is really cute, but I fell in love with the stars :). You can find a tutorial on thescrapshoppeblog.com. We used the big straw kind of wreath beacuse it was thicker, and covered it with a red ribbon, because you will see inside through the burlap. We cut our fabric and burlap into strips and ran a basting stitch through it to gather it up. The tutorial lady did it by hand, but why take the time, right? It feels like you have to be super careful gathering the burlap wen you start, but soon realize it is pretty tough and wont fall apart as easy as you think and you can whip through the rest pretty quickly. Then you just hot glue it on starting and ending in the back since you will see though the burlap, and ta da! A beautiful one-of-a-kind 4th of july wreath. If you hang it on your door, beware it fades quickly, but the faded look is kinda charming to me :)
Good luck and let me know if you try it!

No comments: