Friday, August 31, 2012

Teryaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers

Soo, my friend Jessica told me about this recipe and it has become my husband's favorite so I have used it several times since! Love it! You just dice your chicken into 1 inch chunks, wrap in bacon (not the expensive, thick bacon, just the cheap thinner stuff or it will overtake the flavor), and feed it onto your skewer alternating with pineapple chunks until it is full. I actually was out of bacon this time, but decided to make it anyway. Then, you brush on any teryaki marinade with your basting brush (my friend and I both like the Mr Yoshidas marinade you can find at Costco or Sams) and sprinkle a good amount of brown sugar on top. Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or whatever time you have. I also like to put vegetables on skewers for a side and this time I diced zuccini and rolled it in melted butter, or olive oil, and then mixed parmesan and bread crumbs. Grill it with your chicken and it's soo yummy! Serve with rice!

No comments: