Thursday, August 9, 2012

Loveable Baby Gift

One of my good friend's daughter is having a baby girl and I wanted to make something special, but I only had a couple days to do it in. I have made dozens of these "Girly Skirts" before, so I knew it would be a familiar project. I had some extra charm packs in my fabric bin, which I like to collect, and a coordinating fat quarter, which I also like to collect. If you are at a fabric store and love certain fabrics, but don't have anything in mind for them, just pick up a charm pack or fat quarter or two and stash them away for a day like this one, when I didn't have time or want to go to the store to pick out fabrics. This particular charm pack was one of my favorites and I was so excited to use it! Since this was a newborn size skirt, I just used one long row of squares and added a strip of the coordinating fat quarter to the bottom and used it for the waistline as well. I threw in some elastic and it was done. I wanted something cute to add to it, and what is better than a matching headband? I got some elastic and covered it with the same fabric and used a couple remaining charm pack squares, cut and sewn into short strips and twisted into a circle, to make the flowers and I just stitched straight lines through it in different directions until it was secure. Soo easy, I don't know why I haven't done this before! Anyways, it turned out super cute and I whipped through it all uninterrupted in about 2 1/2 hours. Whew! Thank goodness for hubbys on days like these.
Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! I'm excited to see her!

No comments: